Just a few random things…
1. My Christmas tree is still up. It is up just because it’s in a corner where I can ignore it (one year it was up till October, though I don’t plan on leaving it for that long) and I’m just lazy to pack it away, let’s see how long before it starts to get on my nerves.
What is the longest you’ve left your Christmas tree up?
2. I injured my ankle in early December. I slipped on ice and a big garbage bin fell on the foot/ankle (talk of double whammy). I was given 4-6 weeks during which time it should have healed. This is week 7 and it is still sore. Not sore enough for me to need anything stronger than ibrupofen but sore enough to warrant taking medication every other day. As an aside this happened 3 days before I was going to embark on a transatlantic flight. You can imagine how that flight ( or rather flights) went
Pardon the mess I was packing for my trip.
Thank heavens it is no longer swollen but the skin around it is peeling – I hope this is a good sign it is healing.
Update – it is still fractured though healing but I got a much much lighter moon boot. Back at the dr in another 4 weeks!
The old boot weighs 5kg I kid you not!
3. I tried a few new nail polish colours recently and I love them.
This colour is called “date on the moonlight”. It looks like very dark purple but it’s actually very dark navy
This is an Almay one coat polish called “galaxy” it definitely looks more purplish in the picture than it is.
I’m usually a neutral or red nail polish girl. So these colours are out of character. Notice I have red on my toes as well. That is in character. 99% of time I have a shade of red/wine on my toenails.
4. Something you might not know about me. I love listening to and watching news and talk shows. So much so that I record certain news program. I’m listening to news as I type this :). I would rather listen to a talk show on a long drive over listening to music I don’t like. It drives my sister batty but I love my news. Plus the radio in my car is most likely to always be on talk radio! It takes all my will power not to switch the radio station to talk radio when I’m in other people’s cars.
5. In 2013 my favourite music was “blur.red lines” by Robin Thic.ke. I’m not sure why but I really do like the song. Though I was mortified first time I heard the title as I thought it was blood lines 🙂 🙂
See I told you it’s a post of very random things.
What’s happening in your world?